The latest release of Alteryx Analytics 2018.3 is now available! We continue to see growth in the amount of data available and the need to analyze this data at faster speeds which is why we packed 2018.3 with features that enhance how everyone across the analytics spectrum can bring insights to life faster and perform more advanced analytics easier.
We are committed to helping you get to your answers faster and this requires accelerating insight into the entire data landscape you are working with. Last year we took a first step by adding data profiling where you can see how your data changes along the workflow in an interactive way.
We are thrilled to announce that we have now expanded on that to provide interactive visualizations across the Alteryx platform.
Visualytics at every step
We are incorporating visualizations throughout the Alteryx platform so you can see your data from the moment you input your data through sharing every insight.
- The Interactive Chart Tool replaces our current Charting Tool to instantly create and customize popular chart types and output in both static and interactive formats.
- Our Insight Tool brings your insights to life through interactive dashboards you can share across your organization via the Alteryx Gallery. Stakeholders can see the whole picture of your analysis and drill down on what’s important to them.
- Visualytics extends to Promote for data scientists to instantly see the health of their models and dig deeper into every outcome in the new analytics tab to ensure the model stays healthy once in production.
Deliver answers faster
While visualizing along the analytics process increases data comprehension, we are also bringing you features across the platform to ensure you can work smarter, not harder, to meet those tight timelines.
- Our new caching feature in Alteryx Designer received a standing ovation Inspire because it allows for a workflow process to be stopped and then restarted from the caching point without starting over which can drastically reduce processing time.
- Alteryx Server becomes more enterprise-friendly with job prioritization and worker node assignment that enables admins and users to prioritize the most critical jobs to the top of the queue. The worker node assignment puts global IT admins in control over where jobs are executed based on geography, types of jobs & data being processed.
- Alteryx Connect gets smarter by recommending related assets to help you discover other available analytic assets to use in your analysis. You can also search and find Connect analytic assets straight from Designer’s search bar to help you get to the next question and answer faster.
Next level analytics
It can be difficult to move fast with the amount of data growing by the nanosecond and extra pressure on data workers to perform more advanced analyses. This release continues to bolster support for those with specialized analytic talent with code-friendly tools.
- The Python Tool with Jupyter notebook integration in Alteryx Designer gives data scientists an easier way to get their code into workflows. This facilitates collaboration between the data science teams and analysts and allows important code to become a part of the overall business process - right in Designer.
- We continue to build on our big data capabilities by adding more Apache Spark Code tool support - Spark Direct for Databricks on Azure and HDInsight - which allows you to quickly leverage the power of Spark right within a workflow.
These are just a few of the exciting new features in Alteryx Analytics 2018.3. I encourage you to experience the new capabilities in Alteryx Analytic 2018.3.
For more information, visit: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Analytics-Blog/Alteryx-Analytics-2018-3-Alters-the-Way-You-See-Analytics/ba-p/240059