This article was written by Amit Walia and originally appeared on the DataRobot Blog here: https://www.informatica.com/blogs/2021-a-year-of-many-important-milestones-for-informatica.html
Looking Back on a Groundbreaking Year
As 2021 draws to an end, I can’t help but reflect on what a groundbreaking year it’s been for us here at Informatica.
From launching Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), the industry’s first cloud-native and AI-powered data management platform, to our IPO on the New York Stock Exchange, we accomplished several important milestones. And we could not have done it without our customers, partners, and the data community. So, thank you! I am beyond proud of our team and honored to have you be a part of our transformation.
Let’s celebrate some of our major accomplishments in 2021 in each key area of our customers’ digital transformation journey:
Data Warehouse, Data Lake and Application Modernization
- Named a Leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for the sixteenth consecutive time for Data Integration Tools, and the eighth time for Enterprise iPaaS
- Launched Cloud Mass Ingestion Application, a code-free approach for data engineers to build data ingestion jobs
- Developed a program to help PowerCenter customers move to the cloud with a 10-Step Guide to Modernize to Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services
Master Data Management (MDM) and 360 Solutions
- Unveiled a new AI-powered, enterprise-scale, cloud-native Customer 360 solution that helps companies rethink their customer experience strategy
- Recognized as a Leader across the MDM market, including 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management
- Empowered customers to accelerate organizational outcomes, including Discount Tires, RBC Wealth Management, and California Business Consumer Services & Housing Agency
Data Governance, Privacy and Catalog
- Launched Data Governance and Catalog as-a-service in the cloud, the industry’s first holistic solution for data and AI governance
- Launched Cloud Data Marketplace to deliver data democratization and sharing at enterprise scale, with a self-service “shopping experience” for both data and AI models
- Empowered customers including VMWare, Celcom Axiata Berhad, and HelloFresh to accelerate digital transformation and empower data-driven decision-making
AI-Powered Automation with CLAIRE/IDMC
- Named “2021 New Product of the Year” by the Business Intelligence Group
- Introduced Informatica Processing Unit, our flexible usage-based pricing model, which enables organizations to easily add new services as business requirements evolve
- Deepened our partnerships with cloud platform providers, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Snowflake, and Databricks
That’s quite a list! Our unwavering commitment to our customers is what drives us to develop such innovation.
Our 2022 resolution? To continue to be your trusted partner to help you build a more data-first, insight-driven culture. I hope 2022 continues to be another successful year with exciting new initiatives for your organization. I encourage you to subscribe to our blog for the latest insights in cloud, data, and AI to help you on your journey to digital transformation.