Annual Impact Report
Qlik continues to advance and strengthen our commitment to sustainability and corporate responsibility as illustrated in our 2020 Impact Report titled “Leading Sustainable Action.” There’s no shortage of crises and challenges, but also there’s no shortage of what we can do to solve them, especially through the power of data and analytics.
Addressing Climate Change
Our approach to protecting the environment and addressing climate change is the same as our approach to combatting Covid-19: we need everyone involved in the solution. To this end, we focus on both internal programs as well as those to support valued partners. Read about Qlik’s support in this blog post.
In 2021, Qlik joined the UN Climate Ambition Alliance’s Race To Zero campaign: a campaign including enterprises around the world as the largest alliance committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions. Read more about the climate-related work we are proud to be driving in this article.
Qlik is exceptionally proud of our partnerships with C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group and United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- C40 Cities and Qlik were recognized by Environment Journal recognized for our partnership that advances solutions to fight climate change. C40 Cities, a network of 97 cities taking ambitious climate action, built multiple dashboards, both internal and public facing, using Qlik software to analyze metrics and indicators. Read the article here.
- Since 2019, Qlik has been a close partner of the UNFCCC and the recent climate conference, COP26, benefitted from Qlik’s technical support. Qlik assisted the UNFCCC by creating an innovative IT tool to process detailed, up-to-the-minute information throughout the conference. Read more about the successful application and plans to continue greater accountability and transparency of climate solutions with the UNFCCC in this blog post.
United Nations and the Qlik Academic Program
Qlik launched the Qlik Academic Program Datathon as a challenge to develop solutions toward achieving the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals.The 2021 Datathon challenged students to develop visualizations and link them to regional and global programs to positively impact the effort to reach the ambitious goals. Winners presented at QlikWorld Online and as part of the public launch of a Qlik dashboard on behalf of the UN Envoy on Youth. More information about launch event and public dashboard can be found here.
Supporting Nonprofits with Qlik SaaS
Qlik completed a project to migrate one of our most important and longstanding nonprofit partners, Medair, to Qlik Enterprise SaaS as documented in this video. Medair is highly recognized in the humanitarian sector as a leader for their use of technology to reach as many beneficiaries as possible by prioritizing and eliminating duplicate effort. Based on this successful project, Qlik is working with numerous leading nonprofits to also benefit from the advantages of Qlik SaaS.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Many across Qlik have been working hard to expand our global diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) initiatives. Leaders and team members from every organization have come together to help advance our culture of inclusion as a fundamental business imperative, and we will continue to foster a culture that allows all of us to feel engaged and empowered as our authentic selves. Qlik values the entire spectrum of addressing human rights as included in this blog post.
Philanthropy and Qlik.org
Qlik employees continue to support the world around us through volunteering and fundraising efforts. Some 2021 highlights include:
- The Qlik Ottawa office sponsored the CHEO For the Kids Gala (Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario based in Ottawa, Canada) to raises awareness and funds for children and youth with multiple physical and developmental disabilities and associated behavioural needs,
- The Qlik Barcelona office worked on the renewal of a playground at a primary school thanks to the fundraising efforts and matching by Qlik.org. Read more here.
- Qlik completed its largest employee engagement event ever by inspiring over 400 employees from around the globe to participate in our annual Qlik-athlon. Employees formed teams and recorded points from healthy lifestyle activities and exercise to earn points for a portion of a $50,000 USD donation from Qlik.org.
In looking forward to 2022, we will continue our work to drive data-driven decision making to build a more sustainable, equitable and healthy world for all people and our planet. Many thanks to our partners and everyone involved in this work for the incredible passion and support. We wish you a safe and healthy holiday season!